Siloxanes, silanes, siliconates, and silicates are all types of penetrating sealers. They are different from other types of sealers because they penetrate into the concrete surface and form a protective barrier. Concrete sealers like epoxy and acrylic are topical in nature and form a protective film or coating on the surface instead of penetrating. Are you looking for the best penetrating concrete sealer? Read this Penetrating concrete sealer reviews to know more about it.
So, if your main aim is to protect your concrete, waterproof it, defy stains, and prevent concrete dusting without worrying about having a gorgeous shiny finish, then the penetrating concrete sealer is for you.
Our Recommended Best Penetrating Concrete Sealer comparison table
|Images||Penetrating Concrete Sealer||Price Idea|
|Check Price||5-Gal. SX5000 Penetrating Clear Solvent-Based Silane-Siloxane Concrete & Masonry Sealer, Water Repellent, Salt Guard|
|Check Price||PS101 Siliconate Multi-Surface (Smooth) WB Penetrating Sealer (5 gal.)|
|Check Price||Siloxa-Tek 8500 - 1 Gallon Penetrating Concrete Sealer, Water and Salt Repellent|
Benefits of a penetrating concrete sealer
- Freeze/thaw cycles protection
- Protect from deicing
- Resist wear
- Prevent mold and mildew growth
- Protects spalling and pitting
Top Three Best Penetrating Concrete Sealer Reviews 2021
After spending more than 24 hours on the internet perusing through different types and brands of penetrating concrete sealers, I have selected 3 of the best performing concrete sealers that will offer you great performance, protect your concrete, and offer a great natural and non-slippery look.
Foundation Armor 5-Gal SX5000 Penetrating Sealer
Made of a combination of silane and siloxane, Foundation Armor SX5000 penetrating sealer can help protect your concrete surface from deicing salts, spalling, cracking, pitting, mildew, algae, and efflorescence. It can be applied to both interior and exterior surfaces. A single gallon of the 5 gallons can cover up to 500 sq. ft. When properly sealed, it can last for more than 10 years, and it is approved by the department of transport. The surface will maintain its natural look, but it will not be slippery.
- Provides excellent surface absorption
- It resists mold, mildew, efflorescence, and algae
- It prevents spalling, cracking, and pitting
- The sealer defies thaw and deicing salts
- It stops concrete dusting
- This penetrating sealer is extremely durable
- It is easy to apply and dries fast
- It has a strong chemical smell and should not land on the skin. Put on necessary protection.
- Some users have complained that it leaves white discoloration behind after drying.
PS101 Siliconate Multi-Surface WB Penetrating Sealer
PS101 siliconate is a perfect concrete sealer for curing new and machine troweled concrete and for sealing concrete and masonry surfaces. It has zero VOC. The water-based sealer is very easy to apply and dries fast. It leaves the surface looking natural and clear. But they also have color tints available. When applied properly, the siliconate sealer will protect your concrete driveway or sidewalk from deicing salts, inhibit the growth of mold & mildew, prevent thaw or freeze cycles, and reduce dust and efflorescence.
- It inhibits the growth of mold, mildew, and development of stains
- It reduces spalling and scalling
- This penetrating sealer is easy to apply and dries after a few hours
- It protects the concrete from the thaw, water, salts, and deicing
- It stops efflorescence and dusting
Ghotshield Siloxa-Tek 8500 Penetrating Concrete Sealer
Despite being sold at a slightly higher price than other sealers, Siloxa-Tek penetrating sealer is regarded by many as the best penetrating sealer on the market. It is made of a mixture of silane and siloxane, which does a great job of repelling water. Apart from that, the industrial-grade sealer prevents deicing salt, mold, and mildew build-up, freeze-thaw damage, dusting, pitting, efflorescence, cracking, and spalling.
The product is also very easy to apply and non-slippery. The surface will remain as it was before with its natural look after application. On top of that, it is extremely durable and approved by the transport department.
- It repels water penetration
- It is approved by the department of transportation
- This sealer prevents freeze-thaw damage, cracking, deicing salt, and cracking
- It limits the growth of mold, mildew, and dirt pick up
- It is easy to apply and low VOCs
- It is not good at repelling stains such as oil and grease
- It is slightly costly than other sealers
Whether it is Foundation Armor, PS101 siliconate, or Siloxa-Tek penetrating sealer that you choose for your lovely patio or pool deck, it will still deliver. Penetrating sealers are great at repelling water and stains. They will prevent mold and mildew growth, and at the same time, they are non-slip. Pick the best penetrating concrete sealer that meets your needs and budget.
Q. Are penetrating concrete sealers slippery?
Ans. The best thing about penetrating sealers over the other concrete sealers is that they are not slippery. Other sealers are made up of formulas that make the concrete to be slippery when wet. Penetrating sealers are naturally non-slip.
Q. How long do penetrating sealers last?
Ans. Unlike other sealers on the market, such as decorative concrete sealers, penetrating sealers last long as they don’t fade over time. So, as long as the pavement is protected, you don’t need to apply yearly or so. That’s why you have to select a high-quality penetrating sealer, as it can last for at least 3 years. Choose one that is made with silane or siloxane. Penetrating sealers with silicate are the weakest, as they don’t offer great water repellency. Still, have a question after reading this Penetrating concrete sealer reviews? Comment below.
- 1 Our Recommended Best Penetrating Concrete Sealer comparison table
- 2 Benefits of a penetrating concrete sealer
- 3 Top Three Best Penetrating Concrete Sealer Reviews 2021
- 4 Foundation Armor 5-Gal SX5000 Penetrating Sealer
- 5 PS101 Siliconate Multi-Surface WB Penetrating Sealer
- 6 Ghotshield Siloxa-Tek 8500 Penetrating Concrete Sealer